Upskilling in Career Development Practice provides an opportunity for career practitioners to improve the quality of their careers service, maintain currency and compliance with the CICA standards, engage in professional reflection and improve their skills and knowledge in career development.
This 2 day professional learning program will cover the following topics, which are aligned to tHe seven professional competencies required by Australian Career Development Practitioners (CICA 2006):
- Career Development Frameworks - an overview of the frameworks that guide and inform your practice;
- Career Development Theory - the evolution of career development theory and its relevance to your work context;
- Labour Market - Understanding labour market issues and the range of resources/websites used by career practitioners;
- Advanced Communication Skills - the difference between career interviewing and career counselling, the essential micro skills needed for best practice and how to assess the career readiness of clients;
- Ethical Practice and Diversity - the range of legal and ethical requirements relevant to your careers service (including the professional standards, CEAV Code of Ethics and key legislations);
- Information and Resource Management - the effective use of resources, record keeping and management;
- Professional Practice - Managing your Professional Development and strategic action planning for your careers service.
This workshop has already taken place for 2017 academic year. However, please contact CEAV Institute should you wish to have this workshop delivered to your workplace.
||CEAV Member Rate
||Non Member Rate
2 day workshop program includes the following:
- All course materials
- Arrival tea and coffee and morning tea
|$580 for both days
||$680 for both days
- Places will be limited so please ensure early registration to avoid disappointment
- Late cancellation will incur an andministration fee of $65